YoungandFree

Write Your Story


Music for your Monday

"Write Your Story", song by Francesca Battistelli


"Just write," He said to me.

I replied by naming all the reasons why not to, till a ticker tape parade of endless excuses trailed after me. All the fanfare I gave in my declination of this proposal gave way to scenes from the story of Jonah as it played out in the invisible thought bubble that hovered over my head.

Would God have to send a storm to crash my boat party and throw me overboard to be swallowed up by a big fish in order for me to follow the call?

Thankfully, He was more of a gentleman in this case, persistent in pursuing me until I was wooed by his kindness.

"Ok." I relented.

So I picked up the proverbial pen again, and put down my list of excuses.

Today, I am inviting God to continue to write his story on my heart and I am inviting you to do the same.

Have you ever wondered, what is it I'm missing here? Or felt the prompting to live for something bigger than yourself? What is one thing you have been putting off because you felt too small to do it?

When I laid down all my lame excuses on the table, there next to me on the counter was the good book, full of all the answers to debunk them. I weighed them in the balance of my two hands:

Here are all the reasons why I feel unworthy of the calling He has placed on my heart; but here in the Bible are all the reasons He calls me worthy.

And right now, He is saying this to you too:
You are not unqualified.
You are loved by a Father in heaven who has pre-qualified you for his kingdom (Romans 8:28).
You are not unworthy.
Because of Christ you are called worthy (Romans 5:1).
You are not lacking certification.
You are certified by the Holy Spirit as a guarantee of your inheritance (Ephesians 1:13).
You are not unaccredited.
For you have received a holy accreditation that He has written on your heart so that you can walk in confidence (Romans 4:22; Jeremiah 31:33; Romans 8:31).
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are always YES in Christ (2 Corinthians 1:20).
So what do you say? Are you ready to say yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Please leave a comment or share a prayer request here.