YoungandFree

Words Like Honey

a prayer of praise inspired by Psalm 119
Across the pages of news print words land like shrapnel in a war torn world.
Our generation is tangled in a web of media weaving sticky stories that seduce and ensnare.
O Lord, your word is a balm. Your word attracts a hurting and hungry world and gives it life.

Your kindness leads to a changed heart. The things I used to desire leave much to be desired. Only you satisfy and the more I get of you, God, the more I hunger for you! Your word has become like food and your Spirit like water to my soul. How sweet are your words--they are sweeter than honey to my mouth.

I never need to wonder if I can believe your promises, God. Your eternal word stands firm in heaven. It will not be shaken. You have said of your word, "I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it" (Isaiah 55:11). Let your word produce the work you have begun, for you are faithful to complete it.

God, you have taught us right from wrong and established truth in your Word, your only Son. He came so that we might worship in Spirit and in truth. Accept our praises and teach us your ways.

Let praise flow from our lips,
for you have taught us your decrees,
Let our tongues sing about your word,
for all your commands are right...
Let us live so we can praise you,
and may your regulations help us.
We have wandered away like lost sheep;
come and find us.
--see PSALM 119:170-175

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Please leave a comment or share a prayer request here.